I've just been told...
Hi everyone, it's Paul here, founder of AirStylist, the new on-demand hair stylist locator.
Welcome to my blog. this is where i will start to share my experiences, along the journey of AirStylist.
Ok, today is Friday 10th February 2017, i'm just sitting in the London office and i've received great news.
Since starting this project back in March 2016, my close family, friends, colleagues and over 200 industry peers and associates have been very supportive, in testing and scrutinising the AirStylist app.
I can now confirm, we are on the final draft of 1.0 V1 AirStylist app. Yes, thats right folks. we are now in the final stages of BETA Testing. Yeyyy!
We aim to be live in the app store in the next 3 -4 weeks.
The feedback results from the recent two Focus groups, stylists/clients, will be with us by early next week, so more to follow soon. Also, news on the exciting hair cut at 15k ft, free-fall.
...There is still time to join the testing circle, please drop me a email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the details required.
love Paul x
Hi everyone, Paul here. It's 16th February and here are the latest updates.
The AirStylist app, Beta testing phase is going very well. Currently 368 stylist profiles are registered, created and active. Thank you Testers for all the time you provide and feedback towards the final testing phase.
You may now notice, as well as the UK, Stripe payments from the USA, Ireland, France and Spain are now active too.
AirStylist, hairstylist of the month, was announced this week. #AirStylistOTM
When launched, each month, AirStylist will select the most popular, on-demand AirStylist, hairstylist, who will be given the #AirStylistOTM Award. More details to follow soon.
Also more details to follow soon on the "Jump" Apparently helmets must be worn in the UK. So off to Portugal it is... I'll keep you posted :)
love Paul x
Hi everyone, Paul here. It's 8th April and the grand, European AirStylist RoadTrip has begun.
Great news, the Beta testing stage is now complete. With over £3.6 million spent on cyber (fake) transactions, rigorously tested and ready for final submission.
From the 17th April 2017, Stylists will be able to download the iOS AirStylist App from the App Store. Each stylist will then be able to create their unique, professional profile ready for the launch.
Clients will be able to discover their favourite stylists from 1st June 2017.
Over the next 3 months, I will travelling around Europe, meeting potential stylists who have shown interest in becoming an AirStylist Stylist. Starting in France, we aim to achieve 17 countries, in 8 weeks.
This quality control method is designed for the clients peace of mind, knowing that each Stylist meets the exact criteria required to join our network of professional, talented stylists.
Travelling by car, I aim to cover 15,000 miles, meeting our partners face to face.
The Jump! The smallest details are being finalised, with health and safety at the forefront of our minds. I'm working alongside one of the UK's leading sky diving instructors who has experience in stunts for TV and film.
I will be creating the highest free fall sky dive whilst attempting to cut and style a clients hair (the model is also a professional sky diving instructor) Yes, you hear me correctly. The jump will be done in a securer and safe environment in Portugal, the first week of August 2017.
Once we have jumped at 15,000 feet, I have only 48 seconds to connect with the model, cut the hair and apply a styling product. After spending over 30 hours in Air Tunnels, 4 practice jumps for choreography (without scissors) we are confident that this will be achieved safely.
I'll keep you posted with updates soon
love Paul x
It's not rocket science, no matter how long you have owned or worked in a salon, sometimes clients, even the loyal ones, will leave.
And when this happens, you're left wondering what went wrong. AirStylist shares the top 12 most common mistakes salon owners and stylists make that drive clients away in droves.
Here's what NOT to do if you want to keep your clients!
1. Double book yourself as much as possible so you don't have to spend time with either client.
2. When it's time for your client to pay at the end of their service, tell them you no longer accept credit cards and that they can go to the ATM across the street to get cash.
3. Always try to run 7 to 9 minutes behind schedule...if you find yourself running on time...try calling a friend to talk about all the juicy gossip from last night at the club. Or talk about how much fun you're having potty-training your new twin boys...all while the client sits in your chair with sopping, dripping wet hair.
4. Make sure you talk about yourself as much as possible and as much as you can. If it looks like your client is going to say something, immediately turn on the blow dryer.
5. If you have a hand free while combing their hair, use the other one for snacking. Toasted Garlic crisps or fresh salmon cakes are both good options. If your station is packed with styling products, just set your food container in your client's lap.
6. Do not stay late or come in early for any client, especially if they have been loyal to you for many years.
7. Reschedule your clients' appointments as often as possible.
8. Whatever you do, DON'T LEARN ANYTHING NEW. New trends or continuing education is a waste of time. If it was good 30 to 40 years ago...why change?
9. Talk your client into liking their new Miley Cyrus 'do, even if they asked for Jennifer Lopez.
10. Talk nasty about your other clients in front of your current client.
11. Give a 30-second shampoo while ONLY using your index fingers.
12. Ask your last client of the day to wash her color out at home so you can leave on time and not have to miss tonight's episode of Big Brother!